What is the Lu Lu Lifestyle?

IMG_1774
Getting our hair did in Ho Chi Minh City.

Lu Lu is short for Leiha and Su. We thought it sounded better than SuLeiha plus, it was a way to get my initial in there first. 🙂

We first met in 2004 (seems like we’ve known each other even longer). We both belonged to the same romance reader message board RBL Romantica. Was our online home for a long time until social media came along. RBL members were all over the world and they started to have once a year trips to Vegas so that we could get together in person. I had been going a few years already when Su announced that she would be joining us. The funniest thing about this is, it’s the first time Su ever posted. While I commented on everyone’s post (because I didn’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings) she never commented. But our response was fantastic, can’t wait to meet you!

Tequila shots in Cozumel.
Tequila shots in Cozumel.

I opened the door to RBL Central and Su hopped into my arms and that was the introduction of her into my life. Eventually, our once a year gathering in Vegas became a trip to New Orleans, then the Jersey Shore and so on and so on and so on. Every place I’ve moved to in the last 12 years Su has come to visit. If I plan a trip, it’s pretty much a given that Su will be joining me. I had a girls weekend planned in FL and she surprised us, she hates to miss a party! We see her about 4 times a year which is pretty awesome considering that we live in different states. There are people who live near me who I see less.

Enjoying the pool in Mazatlan.
Enjoying the pool in Mazatlan.

Besides being two hot Asians we are extremely different yet there are things we do have in common. We love to travel, eating is a passion, you will soon be seeing lots of food pics and we love to have fun. We believe in being kind to people and neither of us like drama unless we’re watching it on tv. Since we’re the same age, we  can easily relate to the same things. The struggles of getting older (although we look younger than we are, my body feels older than it looks), trying to stay healthy (she’s more successful at that than I am), what’s our next meal going to be?

We were recently talking about getting back in shape Su suggested that we start a blog. Originally it was going to be about us trying to get back into shape, it’s May, no more excuses for my winter weight and then we decided, if we’re going to do this, we might as well go all in and The Lu Lu Lifestyle was born. We are hoping that not only will this be our new online home, it will be your new online home also. We are hoping to update a few times a week at least. The more you participate and comment, the more motivated we will be to write. Hopefully, this becomes a safe place for everyone to come and play.

We have some plans on things that we would like to feature, of course, we will be talking books and tv but if there’s anything you’d like to talk about, let us know. We love healthy conversation. Just keep in mind, due to the fact that we want to keep this site positive, no politics or religious discussions will be allowed. Let’s have fun with each other!

PS: This page is a part of the  Amazon Associates program. If you are going to order anything from Amazon (I do at least once a week) please click on one of the Amazon links on this page. If you do, we will get credit for your order (for anything you order up to 24 hours). It doesn’t affect your price, the small amount we make comes from Amazon. You don’t have to order what you click on, it’s just the fact that you’re clicking on an ad connected to this site. Thank you for your support!

IMG_4165
Slap happy in Athens.

28 thoughts on “What is the Lu Lu Lifestyle?

• May 2, 2016 at 3:12 am

So glad that my favorite people are blogging about my favorite topics!! Xxoo

• May 2, 2016 at 3:58 pm

I can’t speak for Su but you’re one of my favorite people! <3

• May 2, 2016 at 12:20 pm

Two of my favorite (hot) Asians blofging together. LOVE IT!!!!

• May 2, 2016 at 3:59 pm

We better be your favorite Asians! Love you chick!

• May 2, 2016 at 2:15 pm

Love this! You gals are so awesome!

• May 2, 2016 at 4:00 pm

So glad that you stopped by Krista! You are awesome also!

• May 2, 2016 at 2:55 pm

I was going to say “Let the insanity begin”… but it began way back in 2004. (Wow, that seems like a long time ago.) We are lucky to be invited it to you two crazy girls world 🙂

• May 2, 2016 at 4:00 pm

Yeah, the insanity definitely began when Su walked in that door, LOL.

• May 2, 2016 at 4:20 pm

Oh my gosh! I’m so excited about this. Two hot women that I know and love blogging about food, travel, romance novels, and more? Sounds GREAT!!

• May 2, 2016 at 4:24 pm

What more could a woman ask for. 🙂 Thank you for joining us Kimberly, hopefully we can all have fun on this journey together!

• May 2, 2016 at 5:47 pm

I am so excited to follow along!! I am living vicariously through you!! I can’t wait to see where we go! Lol!

• May 2, 2016 at 10:16 pm

Tracey, who knows, you could be dragged along on some of our adventures, just be warned, we like to take photos.

• May 2, 2016 at 7:11 pm

This is an awesome life you both are leading! I’m jealous! Can’t wait to hear more!

• May 2, 2016 at 10:14 pm

We are lucky to have each other, that’s for sure!

• May 2, 2016 at 7:50 pm

Now this is pretty awesome! Looking forward to getting to know you even better! Fell in love with you (don’t tell my husband..ha ha) through KMM but this is great! Nice job, chickies!

• May 2, 2016 at 10:14 pm

Your hubs might enjoy the idea of all of us together, LOL. You were so much fun in Nola Candy! I hope we can develop a community here where we all get to learn more about each other. <3

• May 2, 2016 at 8:00 pm

Wow! Only since 2004? That blew me away as you two seem to be BFF for decades [not that either of you are old enough to have made that happen] but at least since you were toddlers. What a grand new adventure for you both!!! Hugs ~ Mary B 🙂

• May 2, 2016 at 10:12 pm

I agree Mary, I’ve gone thru so much with Su I feel like we’ve been forever friends but I know we will be forever friends. So happy to see you here! xoxo

• May 2, 2016 at 8:21 pm

Love that you have your own site,andcthat you’re Sharing in the accountability! Hope all is good with you. Miss Snuggling 😉 with You! Huge Hugs

• May 2, 2016 at 10:11 pm

Barb, you were the best big spoon ever! I miss you!

• May 2, 2016 at 11:41 pm

Fun!! Can’t wait to see what you two crazians have in store!

• May 3, 2016 at 12:49 am

LMAO you know this just means we’re going to amp up the insanity, we now have an audience!

• May 3, 2016 at 5:19 am

This is going to be so much fun! I’ve only known you ladies a few years but what an amazing few years it’s been! So happy you’re blogging and sharing the awesomeness that occurs every time you’re together! Love you both. ❤️❤️❤️

• May 3, 2016 at 10:10 am

We love you too Sue! Having a masseuse in my life completes me. 🙂

I kid, I kid (ok maybe a little of that is the truth) but I also love you for the person that you are and I look forward to you being with us on some of our adventures!

• May 3, 2016 at 8:44 am

I didn’t realize that’s how you both met!
    RBL is how I got to know you and then meet up when you moved to ATL.
    You introduced me to Su (among several hundred other awesome folks).
    Coooool!

• May 3, 2016 at 9:59 am

Yep, I met a lot of fantastic women who are still friends thru RBL. Linda and Beaty are coming thru town in a few weeks and a few of us will be meeting up with them. My first online home was a wonderful place and of course, I met you thru RBL! You and Brian were my welcome wagon in Atlanta!

• May 3, 2016 at 12:14 pm

I’m just keeping it simple.. Hi to you both and anybody else reading this blog.. Howdy!

• May 3, 2016 at 10:05 pm

LOL I’m glad you changed your name so we could figure out who you were. Howdy Sharon!